My mask protects you, your mask protects me
Two weeks ago we informed you that we paused all shipments to help the fight against the Pandemic that our society is experiencing these days. The vast majority of you have understood and supported this measure, as a brand we must continue to act on the path we believe to be the best for our employees, our customers, suppliers and for the entire community in general. We are actively joining the #masks4all movement moved by our growing desire for social responsibility.
"Your mask protects me, my mask protects you"
This initiative has been active in Asian countries for years and is spreading rapidly around the world, as is the case in Czech Republic. Watching this video you will very quickly understand what this is about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhNo_IOPOtU&t=21s We know that those who need healthcare masks the most are all professionals in the front line of fire, and unfortunately there are still not enough masks for them. #masks4all is encouraging all citizens to make their own masks with materials we have in any of our homes. The idea is to create more supply of non-healthcare masks, so that people can wear them without depleting the stock of healthcare masks. We have been reading a lot about this topic for several days, we have talked to scientists and they have sent us a lot of information that we make available for you to read carefully if you are interested.
- Here you have a document with several explanatory videos and more than 40 scientific papers that demonstrate the effectiveness of different materials and why they recommend the use of homemade masks for the entire population, all of which comes from the experience of countries that have managed to stop the epidemic (such as China, South Korea, Singapore, Czech Republic...).
- We also know that the majority of those infected may not have symptoms.
- Here you can consult the effectiveness of each of the materials against particles.
This is the scientific evidence that makes us believe that the widespread use of cloth masks to be in public for a while will be part of the process to overcome this epidemic completely. We are actively working hand in hand with our production partners to offer you options in the coming days. In the meantime, you can follow these easy manuals and videos that we have selected to create yours at no cost and in 10 minutes. https://twitter.com/CDCgov/status/1246243351503962113?s=19 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqHHViHKfrg https://www.craftpassion.com/face-mask-sewing-pattern/#face-mask-pattern When you're done, when it's time to use it, remember:
- Avoid touching the fabric, pick the mask by the elastic bands.
- Try to always put the same side on your face.
- When you take it off to eat, leave it folded on the table, so that the part that touches the face avoids touching the surface of the table.
"My mask protects you, your mask protects me"